Protestant Preschool & Kindergarten, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization, was established in 1950 and has been supported by a number of area churches since it’s beginning. Many churches have hosted some of the school's classes through the years, but in 1995, most of the classrooms and the school office became consolidated under one roof at Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, our current location.
Preschool classes have existed since the school began. The half-day kindergarten program existed for many years before ceasing for a number of years due to the establishment of public kindergarten. In 2004, the school's board of directors recognized the growing needs and interests in the community for such a program and voted to reestablish the kindergarten program during the 2004-2005 year.
Supporting churches provide 2 laypersons and 1 staff member to serve on the school's board of directors and members-at-large. The churches also collect a special offering annually to support the PP&K scholarship fund and provide other financial and facility support to the program.
PP&K currently employs a staff of 12, led by director Saralynn Vied, who has served in that capacity since January 2005.
Teaching positions include one kindergarten teacher, three classroom positions for 4-year-old students; two classroom positions for 3-year-old students; two classroom positions for 2-year-old students.
In addition, the school employs a Wiggles 'N Tunes (music and movement) teacher, a Chef Combo (cooking and manners) teacher and an office assistant.